Well gosh darnit DonCharisma.org – thanks so much for the nomination. [So sweet!] I am very honored and humbly accept! In the spirit of spreading the luuuuv, my nominations are below.
Section 1: Directions to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award:
To accept this award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 15 deserving Bloggers with the Award
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write seven interesting things about you
Section 2: Seven interesting things about me
1. I have a very funny-looking dog who is half basset hound and half daschund. She’s about 60 pounds and quite low to the ground. Most people say “what is that?” [instead of “what kind of dog is that?”] She’s an awesome adoptee!
2. I can pretty much pick up any instrument and figure out how to play it. Just ’cause.
3. My perfect environment involves books, sand, sun, and a breeze.
4. I study Persian and Middle Eastern belly dance. No, I do not do recitals. 🙂
5. I once made 2 points for the opposing basketball team, whereupon my father’s dreams of a basketball scholarship died.
6. My Italian side facilitates my ability to love people via epicurean delights. It’s not just eating, it’s experiencing!
7. The majority of Italian (slang, dialect) I learned growing up was the stuff you’re not supposed to say. Go figure.
Section 3: I’m awarding the “Dragon’s Loyalty Award” to:
Dyan Diamond: There have been a few days when Dyan’s postings have resonated so loudly with me that they may as well have been a gong placed beside my head. Dyan’s positive words and encouragement have been invaluable to me along my journey.
The Practical Priestess: Intelligent and real, this blog speaks to my love for studying the occult as well as my newfound love for being human. The author is an incredibly intelligent woman and her insights and observations provide a means for internal (and sometimes external) discourse on subjects of interest to me.
Rougedmount: While we’re on the subject of intelligent female bloggers…Rougedmount tells it like she sees it. No mincing words. No equivocating. Just truth. Her truth. She is brave and funny and compassionate and awesome. I am so happy to have found her blog.
The Wheel (Shambhala blog): Never let the Buddhists fool you…even though there are sometimes few words, those few words pack an unbelievable punch if one is willing to deconstruct their meaning and attempt to apply said wisdom to everyday life.
Babsje Heron: Apparently (giggles) the Great Blue Heron has shown himself to be an important animal totem at this point in my life. He just keeps showing up! [get the hint, get the hint, get the hint…] I really dig the Heron and this blog has provided fascinating pictures and insights.
Dancing With Another: This gal is all heart and soul and expresses herself through one of my favorite mediums – dancing. Her tag line is “Trying to make sense of turmoil” which resonates deeply with me.
Carry On Caroline: Wow. What a fabulous woman she is! I am in awe of Caroline and how she deals with life’s challenges with grace, honesty, and strength. She writes with vulnerability and sincerity and I could well be her biggest fan. Carry on Caroline, carry on!
Daily Divorce Meditations: Although I am not divorcing at this juncture, I find the wisdom of this blog to be so raw that I feel compelled to introspect. The blogger has a way of bringing to the surface those rough, unrefined realizations and feelings that can give way to healing – regardless of the status of one’s relationship.
At this point, I have to press “pause” and get to the College to teach (2 classes today). Part II coming soon!