Our Healing Separation
- To provide time and emotional space outside of the love relationship so we can enhance our personal, social, spiritual, and emotional growth.
- To better identify our individual needs, wants, and expectations of our love relationship.
- To help us, as individuals, explore what our basic relationship needs are and to help each of us determine if those needs can be met in this relationship.
- To allow us, as individuals, to work through our process better while living apart than we can in the current situation.
- To experience enough emotional distance so we can separate our individual issues from partnership issues, which have understandably become convoluted and mixed together.
- To provide an environment conducive to helping our relationship heal, transform, and evolve into a more loving and healthy relationship.
Potential positive outcomes
- Alleviate fighting by reducing the chance for impulsive actions/reactions that escalate into unproductive or destructive conflict.
- Provide the space needed to think rationally and see each other with a fresh perspective.
- Remove any “noise” so that we can each assess our roles in the marital problems.
- Provide an opportunity for a true test of how we feel about each other once we do not see each other as regularly.